Kenyona (Chaney) Thomas is a versatile communications professional with experience in the realms of: social media marketing, branding, event planning, email marketing, graphic design, marketing, public relations, media relations, influencer marketing, video marketing, content creation, and more.
Kenyona is skilled at performing various tasks and projects asked of clients. She understands the importance of internal and external public relations --ensuring business successfully connect with all audiences and partners.
An alumna of the S.I. Newhouse School of Communications at Syracuse University, Kenyona graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor's degree in public relations and minor degree in marketing management.
Marketing + branding coordinator
• Micromanage social media marketing, video marketing and company webpages
• Write bi-monthly blog posts and manage monthly email marketing newsletters to over 6,000 subscribers
• Coordinate personal branding initiatives for clients (i.e. Tracy McGraw)
• Assist business clients with marketing material, website design, content marketing, public relations and brand assets (clients include: Howard University School of Divinity, Grow with Google, National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications, and more)
September 2020 - present
june 2020 - august 2020
Marketing + Branding intern
• Formalized pre, during, and post event planning for Google's Grow With Google events
• Assisted founder with branding projects for clients
• Maintained social media platforms: posted photos videos and captivating content on a daily basis
• Created a content and social media strategy plan for Encounter Your Potential platforms
january 2019 - april 2019
public relations intern
• Clients included: Reebok, Lovehoney, Oakley, King Games, Anheuser-Busch, Blundstone, Red Bull and more
• Assisted in setting up press previews for Reebok and Blundstone: checked in journalists, staged products and shared product information
• Tracked media coverage and impressions for all clients and delivered to senior account executives and account coordinators to include in monthly client coverage reports
• Researched industry news and compiled weekly news clippings for clients
• Assisted senior account executives on photoshoots featuring client products for Glamour, Document Journal, Oxygen; styled outfits, curated product sample requests for influencers, magazines and other media outlets
• Compiled and sent product samples to journalists, bloggers, and media influencers — tracked coverage and press write ups
may 2017 - april 2019
• Assisted the VP of Marketing and Communications by contacting influencers, planning events, and
managing social media and e-commerce
• Managed large-scale product launch of Ampro’s new hair care line for children at CurlFest, which included designing and setting up Ampro’s “Play Zone” for over 30,000 attendees
• Wrote press releases and managed weekly email marketing campaigns to over 2,000 subscribers
• Researched and on boarded social media influencers to participate in marketing efforts and press events
"Remember to make your dreams your reality."
Personal Code of Ethics:
This statement presents the core values of Kenyona Thomas. These values provide insight on what she hopes to encounter in the communications industry. These values are her fundamental beliefs that help guide ethical behavior and ethical decisions in the workplace.
Ensuring that truth is at the forefront of her statements, Thomas can adhere to being fully transparent with potential employers, friends, and acquaintances.
She's faithful to those who need her assistance or help in accomplishing tasks. Once a promise is made, she upholds her end of the bargain.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Thomas issues the utmost respect to her colleagues in hopes that the respect is reciprocated and valued throughout projects, activities and later interactions.
She works beyond the best of her knowledge, asking questions for clarity along the way so she can complete tasks successfully and effectively.
Diversity + Inclusion Statement:
Kenyona Thomas is committed to ensuring others are conscious and aware of diversity and inclusion in all spaces. Diversity and inclusion for race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, practices, diverse cultures, and more are valued and respected by Thomas. While embracing all differences, she works to build upon her and others' commonalities. She serves to eliminate the distinguishment and discrimination amongst differences in media and the public relations industry.